CALL CATEGORY: Fellows
MANAGING BODY: International, IPBES
Open: 9 August 2021
Closes: 20 September 2021 for individual nominations
Further to the call for nominations of experts for the nexus and the transformative change assessments (highlighted above) Governments and relevant institutions and organizations are also invited to nominate candidates to participate in the IPBES fellowship programme for the nexus and transformative change assessments.
The IPBES fellowship programme, which is part of a larger capacity-building portfolio of activities, targets early-career individuals who wish to gain experience by participating in the work of IPBES. Selected fellows will participate in the preparation of the chapter of the assessment for which they are selected, and their contribution acknowledged as part of the citation for that chapter. Fellows will attend author meetings and receive training to gain an in-depth understanding of the IPBES assessment processes and the science-policy interface. Fellows will also be paired up with a mentor for the assessment period.
Nominated early-career scientists should have multidisciplinary or interdisciplinary expertise, expertise in one or more disciplines of natural science, social science or the humanities, be indigenous and local knowledge experts or have expertise in indigenous and local knowledge systems. All nominees should have experience in working within interdisciplinary, international and/or global contexts.
Interested individuals are invited to submit applications by 20 September 2021; nominators (Governments or organizations) are invited to submit their nominations by 27 September 2021. More detailed information on the process of application and nomination can be found in notification EM/2021/19.
Please follow this procedure for nomination:
- Nominees are invited to complete the application form and attach their curriculum vitae through the dedicated web portal at the links below (to access this page you will need to log in with your IPBES website log in credentials. Nominees not yet registered on the IPBES website will need to do so at https://ipbes.net/user/register ). Applications must be submitted in English.
- Nexus assessment: https://ipbes.net/user/login?destination=applications/nexus-fellows
- Transformative change assessment: https://ipbes.net/user/login?destination=applications/transformative-change-fellows
- To specify EuroMarine as your nominating body, please include the following details
- Type of nominating body: Organisation (Stakeholder)
- Name of organisation: Euromarine – Consortium of Marine Research Organizations (http://euromarinenetwork.eu/ )
- Position of contact person: Chair
- Full name (nominator): Patrizio Mariani
- Email (nominator): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone number (nominator): +34 635 34 84 47
- The application form will automatically send an email link to the Nominator (EuroMarine), inviting the Nominator to approve and submit the nominations in the web portal;
Nominators and Nominees will receive a confirmation via email once the nomination has been duly submitted.
The last day for individual applications is 20 September 2021. Nominations must be approved and submitted by EuroMarine before 27 September 2021. Early nominations ahead of the deadline are encouraged.
Further information about the Call here.