This series of online discussions convened by AIMES, Future Earth, Earth Commission and WCRP aims to advance the knowledge about tipping elements, irreversibility, and abrupt changes in the Earth system. It supports efforts to increase consistency in treatment of tipping elements in the scientific community, develop a research agenda, and design joint experiments and ideas for a Tipping Element Model Intercomparison Project (TipMip).
The 60-90 min events are held monthly and feature presentations from scientists working on the frontiers of earth systems research.
Register for each event individually to receive joining instructions. When an event has passed, you can access recordings and materials on the links below.
- Introduction to tipping points series, 21 September 2021
- Amazon, 17 November 2021
- Permafrost, 17 January 2022, 16:00-17:30 CET
- Ice sheets, 25 January 2022, 16:00 – 17:30 CET
- Oceans, 11 February 2022, 13:30 – 15:00 CET
- Monsoons, 9 March 2022, 15:30 – 17:00 CET
More events will be added in 2022
For further information, click here.