1. Now more than ever FISH AND FISH products are essential in the fight against hunger and poverty.
2. Sustainable intensification, adequate frameworks and innovative value chains are essential for further aquaculture growth.
3. Effective management is the only path to sustainability –management is the best Conservation.
4. Development of sustainable value chains is essential to enhance market access and increase global trade in fish and fish products.
5. Enhance efforts towards social sustainability in fisheries and aquaculture, and
6. There is no alternative to sustainability – the world needs programmes to further improve fisheries and aquaculture.
Link to the publication: http://www.fao.org/documents/card/en/c/ca9229en
Diana Fernandez de la Reguera