EUMETSAT is resuming their series of online short courses on data discovery for weather, oceanography, air quality and climate in October 2021.
- 6 October 2021, 11:00 UTC – Machine Learning for Seamless Thunderstorm Nowcasting from Multiple Data Sources
- 19 October 2021, 11:00 UTC – Gap Filling Ocean Data (statistical and machine learning methods)
- 4 November 2021, 12:00 UTC – Application of machine learning approaches to ocean colour topics
- 9 November 2021, 12:00 UTC – Weather-related satellite data with Jupyter Notebooks
- 24 November 2021, 12:00 UTC – Winter Weather in Satellite Data
- 8 December 2021, 12:00 UTC – Coding for EO (Python & R)
These courses are open to all and accommodate a wide range of attendees, from service providers to scientists and forecasters. The format of each short course is a 1-2 hour webinar on Zoom including a presentation and demonstration of data discovery and application. Participants will have the opportunity to interact with EUMETSAT experts and ask questions. Some courses will include a follow-up phase where you can explore the data on your own and get expert feedback.
The full schedule as well as information about registration is available on the EUMETSAT training platform.