https://nf-pogo-alumni.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/NANO-logo-outlines-300x81.png 0 0 Lica Krug https://nf-pogo-alumni.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/NANO-logo-outlines-300x81.png Lica Krug2019-03-09 00:11:272019-03-09 00:11:27Call for abstracts for the 5th Guam Coral Reef Symposium - June 25-26, 2019 - DL 29 Mar 19
all for abstracts for the 5th Guam Coral Reef Symposium ? June 25-26, 2019
Deadline for abstract submission: Friday, March 29, 2019 at 5:00pm (ChST)
We are pleased to announce the 5th Guam Coral Reef Symposium, hosted in partnership with the 30th Pacific Islands Environment Conference (PIEC).
The Coral Reef Symposium will take place from June 25-26, 2019 at the Hyatt Regency Hotel in Tumon, Guam. This event will serve as a forum to share
findings of management-driven research; cross-jurisdictional lessons learned from coral reef conservation and management efforts; and novel tools and technologies for research, monitoring, enforcement, and restoration.
The symposium is hosted by the Guam Environmental Protection Agency and the Guam Bureau of Statistics and Plans, with funding from the NOAA Coral Reef
Conservation Program and the US Environmental Protection Agency. Symposium participants are encouraged to attend the PIEC and associated workshops,
June 22-28, 2019, also at the Hyatt Regency Hotel. More information about the conference is available here: https://piec2019.com. The theme of this
year?s PIEC is ?Greening Growth in the Pacific.?
We welcome abstracts from government, academia, NGOs, teachers, and students related to the following themes:
– Managing land-based sources of pollution to protect coral reefs
– Coral reef fisheries management and marine preserve establishment and enforcement
– Managing for coral reef resilience to climate change and restoring degraded reefs
– Creative solutions for community engagement in coral reef conservation
– New tools and scientific advancements for coral reef management
We are soliciting abstracts for oral presentations and posters. Interested presenters should submit abstracts via email attachment by *Friday, March
29 at 5:00pm (ChST) *to GUcoralsymposium@gmail.com. All abstracts must be in English. There is no fee to attend the symposium or the PIEC. Limited
scholarships are available to defray hotel and travel costs.
Submissions should include:
1. Presenter name
2. Institute or organization
3. Contact information (email and phone)
4. Brief bio of presenter (max. 150 words)
5. Title of presentation
6. Abstract (max. 200 words)
7. Preferred presentation type: Oral or poster
8. Statement of financial need if interested in a scholarship (max.
The scientific committee will review submitted abstracts and notify selected presenters by Friday, April 12. Please send any questions to
Whitney Hoot at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Whitney C. Hoot *
*Coral Reef Resilience Coordinator*
Guam Bureau of Statistics and Plans
Governor’s Complex, Adelup, Guam 96910
Have any opportunity in ocean sciences to share? Send it to lilian.krug_at_nf-pogo-alumni.org