Intensive Course on Optical Oceanography and Hydrolight
1-5 April 2019, in Gyeongju, South Korea
An Intensive Course on Optical Oceanography and Hydrolight will be offered at the Hwabaek International Convention Center (HICO) in Gyeongju, South Korea from 1-5 April 2019. The course will provide young scientists and students with a fundamental knowledge of ocean optics. This course is sponsored by Korea Institutes of Ocean Science Technology (KIOST), with the goal of preparing a new generation of oceanographers trained in the use of optics to study the oceans.
Course elements include (see announcement for full description):
• Lectures on the basic theory of ocean optics; IOP, AOP, absorption &scattering etc.
• Laboratory training in use of radiative transfer software (HydroLight)
• Introduction to remote sensing; atmospheric correction, statistical methods, spectrum-matching techniques etc.
Instructor: Dr. Curtis Mobley
Schedule & Location: 1-5 April 2019/ Hwabaek International Convention Center (room 105)
Registration: (by e-mail)
• Apply by 1st of March 2019, with notification by 6th of March 2019.
• Application email should include ” Name / Affiliation / Position / Email / Country”
Apply to: email@example.com
* Students running HydroLight need personal computers
* Travel & Accommodation cost should be covered by yourself
* The registration fee is free but 30 places will be offered, first come, first served
* Please view the Gyeongju Tour Guide for more information about Gyeongju
Please view the full announcement for further details about the course elements.
Contact: Lee, Sun-Ju (Junior Research Specialist)
Korea Ocean Satellite Center (KOSC)
Korea Institute of Ocean Science & Technology (KIOST)
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Have any opportunity in ocean sciences to share? Send it to lilian.krug_at_nf-pogo-alumni.org