https://nf-pogo-alumni.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/NANO-logo-outlines-300x81.png 0 0 Lica Krug https://nf-pogo-alumni.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/NANO-logo-outlines-300x81.png Lica Krug2018-03-01 23:33:152018-03-01 23:33:15Job Announcement - Program Manager, Reef Check Tropical Program
The Reef Check Foundation is seeking a mid-career coral reef entrepreneur
to run the Tropical Program that is focused on coral reef conservation. Our
core work is community-based ecosystem monitoring using the EcoDiver
monitoring package. The ideal candidate will be a coral reef ecologist who
also has business experience preferably in the dive or tourism industry.
The Program Manager will be responsible for maintaining and growing Reef
Check’s global survey network of teams in dozens of countries, ensuring
that annual trainings are available wherever they are needed. In addition,
the Program Manager will be responsible for introducing and selling new
educational products to dive shops and resorts worldwide via tradeshows.
Minimum qualifications include:
– Masters degree in coral reef science and publications
– 5 years work experience, including work in the dive/tourism industry or a
coral reef NGO
– Evidence of entrepreneurship and ability to work independently
– Proven record of securing funding through grant proposals and/or business
– SCUBA diving skills and significant experience conducting research and/or
– Passion for coral reef conservation and available to start in April 2018
– International experience and foreign language skills are a big asset
Reef Check is a 20-year old, award-winning reef conservation organization
focused on California rocky reefs and tropical coral reefs. This position
is based at the main office on the water in Marina Del Rey, California.
Note that while this position is open to international applicants, if you
do not currently hold a US work visa, the timing and uncertainty associated
with the visa application process are a disadvantage.
This position will require international travel. Salary commensurate with
experience. Medical/dental plan and 401(k) with company match available.
Review of applicants will commence on March 10, 2018. Please send CV, three
references and a cover letter explaining why you would be a good fit for
this position to Jenny Mihaly at firstname.lastname@example.org