Scientific programmer, LOG laboratory, Wimereux, France
Position duration: 1 year, starting date: 3rd March, 2020
Location of the position: Laboratoire d’Océanologie et de Géosciences (http://log.cnrs.fr/, Wimereux, France)
The “Remote Sensing and Hydrodynamic” team at the Oceanology and Geosciences laboratory in
France is seeking applications for a full-time scientific programmer/analyst to work on marine optics.
– maintain and configure scripts and tools for data analysis and vizualisation
– implement algorithms to retrieve optical parameters and biogeochemical properties from space
– manage large multi-sensor databases.
Typical education and experience:
– background in physics or one of the physical sciences,
– experience in C, C++, Fortran, Matlab or Python, R, PostgreSQL
– Unix/Linux environment
– English read, written and spoken
The application (CV and motivation letter) should to be sent by email to Lucile Duforet-Gaurier (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Vincent Vantrepotte (email@example.com) by 14 February, 2020.