The SCOR Visiting Scholar program enlists the services of ocean scientists, from both developed countries and developing countries, to teach short courses and to provide more extended on-site education and mentorship at developing country institutions.
This program is open to any scientists who have time available to spend teaching and mentoring in a developing country for ideally two weeks or more. The scholarships are not intended to conduct joint research, although collaborative research may develop as an outcome of a visit.
Applications will be reviewed by the SCOR Capacity Development Committee based on the following criteria:
- Quality and relevance of the proposal focusing on knowledge exchange and mentoring in ocean sciences.
- A detailed working plan for the visit which should be co-developed with the host institution.
- Experience of the candidate and fit with the program (language skills, teaching/mentoring experience, subject areas requested by the institution).
- Needs of the host institution and an estimate of how many students and/or early-career scientists will benefit from the training.
- Plans by the host institution to build upon the training/mentoring received.
More information about the call and the application form can be found here.
Deadline for applications: 29 December 2023