Open position: Transfer management spin-off incubator – Deadline 08 June 2023
The GEOMAR Helmholtz Center for Ocean Research Kiel is a public law foundation jointly financed by the Federal Republic of Germany (90%) and the state of Schleswig-Holstein (10%) and is one of the leading international institutions in the field of marine research.
Within the Helmholtz program “Innovation platforms as sustainable and structure-forming measures to strengthen transfer and innovation”, the Helmholtz centers GEOMAR, AWI and HEREON have been granted funds for the establishment of the innovation platform “SOOP – Shaping an Ocean Of Possibilities”.
SOOP has set itself the goal of developing the synergy potential of industry, civil society and science and creating a strong alliance for innovation and technology transfer to protect the earth, the climate and the environment. Sustainable structures for transfer and innovation in the field of ocean observation are to be established and a paradigm shift towards integrated, interdisciplinary observation systems is to be effected.
At GEOMAR, the following position will be offered as part of the SOOP research project from the earliest possible date, initially limited to December 31, 2025. Depending on the evaluation by the funder, an extension until June 30, 2026 and a subsequent continuation may be possible. Transfer management spin-off incubator (m/f/d) (No. SOOP WP2/2)
The person to be hired will be entrusted with the strategic development and coordination of an incubator or accelerator program for the targeted promotion of spin-offs. The tasks include a proactive screening and scouting of spin-off potential and innovative technologies, the support of scientists in the initiation and implementation of technology transfer projects in cooperation with other players in the blue economy, the initiation and maintenance of relevant industry and stakeholder Contacts via networking, trade fair work, events and direct contact and the development and implementation of individual and target group-specific training and interaction formats (including hackathons, co-creative workshops). The progress of the process should be monitored and documented (incl.
- Completed scientific university studies, preferably with a focus on the maritime economy or relevant engineering or economics
- Understanding of technical and scientific issues
- Empathy and team spirit in connection with communication and moderation skills
- Sound knowledge of English and German, both spoken and written
- Professional experience in the fields of science, transfer, open innovation, market exploration and spin-offs
- Experience in the areas of Industry Relations, Corporate Communications and/or Innovation Management
At one workplace, directly on the Kiel Fjord with many leisure and recreational opportunities, we offer you:
- Demanding, varied and exciting jobs and extensive opportunities for professional networking
- Vibrant research community in an open, diverse and international work environment
- Good conditions for the compatibility of work and private life: We offer, among other things, the possibility of mobile working and individual working time arrangements, holiday courses for the children of our employees and good support in finding a daycare place at the Kiel location
- Support offers for professional and personal life situations
- Work in the field of marine and climate research, a forward-looking area of social importance
- 30 days holiday + additional time off at Christmas and New Year’s Eve
- Company pension scheme and capital-forming benefits
If the relevant requirements are met, remuneration is paid up to salary group 13 (TVÖD-Bund). The regular weekly working time corresponds to a full-time job. The position is divisible, flexible working time models are possible in principle.
GEOMAR has set itself the goal of promoting women. Applications from women are therefore expressly welcomed. GEOMAR is committed to employing severely disabled people. For this reason, severely disabled applicants will be given preference if they are suitably qualified. GEOMAR is committed to non-discriminatory selection. Our advertisements are therefore aimed at everyone. We expressly refrain from submitting application photos.
Please send your complete, meaningful application documents by June 8th, 2023 via our application portal under the following link: Online application
After completion of the selection process, all application documents will be destroyed in accordance with data protection regulations.
If you have any questions about the position, please contact Ms. Kathrin Krüger-Borgwardt (firstname.lastname@example.org , +49-431-600 2322). We are also happy to receive further questions about this tender by e-mail at email@example.com, quoting the password “SOOP WP2/2” .