The Journal of Marine Sciences and Engineering (JMSE) is pleased to announce that JMSE will be granting the Travel Award to two early-career scientists. The applications will be assessed by an Evaluation Committee consisting of senior scholars from the JMSE Editorial Board.
This award provides financial support for the winners to attend an international conference in the field of marine science and engineering to be held in 2024, in order to hold a presentation, present a poster, or both.
- Postdoctoral fellows or PhD students.
- Plans to attend an international conference in 2024 (oral presentation and/or poster).
Required Application Documents:
- Information of the conference the applicant is planning to attend and the abstract that will be submitted.
- Curriculum vitae and list of publications.
- Justification letter describing the focus of the research (max. 800 words).
- Letter of recommendation from the supervisor, research director, or department head, which also confirms the applicant’s status as a postdoctoral fellow/PhD student.
The winners (two awardees) will each be awarded CHF 800 and a certificate.
Please submit your applications for the JMSE 2024 Travel Award online by 30 November 2023. Prizes will be awarded at the end of January 2024 and announced on the JMSE website.
Read more about the opportunity here.