DTU Aqua conducts research, provides advice, educates at university level and contributes to innovation in sustainable exploitation and management of aquatic resources. The section for Oceans and Arctic is focused on research in the marine environment. The research spectrum is broad covering marine ecology, oceanography, observation technology and the Arctic. We work with sustainability in the ocean and have focus on the UN Ocean Decade.
DTU Aqua invites applications for a one-year postdoc in marine lipid ecology. The field is broad, spanning from the primary production of marine lipids, lipids and food webs from plankton to the industry, the lipid pump, physical properties of lipids, to mention some.
We expect you to have a background in lipid analyses and marine ecology and be willing to embrace the wide prospects of marine lipid research at all geographical areas.
The position is in the section for Oceans and Arctic, and you will refer to the head of section, but you will work closely with Dr. Sigrún Jónasdóttir.
Responsibilities and qualifications
We seek a person who is highly self-motivated and with interest in exploring the possibilities within marine lipid research; who is motivated by both individual and team accomplishments. You will be responsible for expanding our activities within marine lipid research, and be open for building a link to other lipid research at DTU.
- You will be responsible for carrying out independent research within marine lipid ecology and seek funding for expanding the field at DTU Aqua and extending your postdoctoral stay at DTU Aqua.
- You will assist in building up and running the lipid laboratory.
- Teach and supervise master student projects.
As a formal qualification, you must hold a PhD degree (or equivalent).
- Work experience with lipid chemistry, preferably linked to marine ecology
- Experience preferably with both field and laboratory work
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to facilitate collaboration as well as take responsibility and work independently
- You are able to work as part of a team as well as independently
- You work with attention to detail and following work through to completion
- You are fluent in English and Danish
DTU is a leading technical university globally recognized for the excellence of its research, education, innovation and scientific advice. We offer a rewarding and challenging job in an international environment. We strive for academic excellence in an environment characterized by collegial respect and academic freedom tempered by responsibility.
Salary and terms of employment
The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations. The salary for the position will be determined by the applicant’s qualifications and in agreement with the relevant union.
The position is for one year.
You can read more about career paths at DTU here.
You can read about DTU Aqua at www.aqua.dtu.dk
If you are applying from abroad, you may find useful information on working in Denmark and at DTU at DTU – Moving to Denmark.
Your complete online application must be submitted no later than 16 January 2023 (Danish time).
Applications must be submitted as one PDF file containing all materials to be given consideration. To apply, please open the link “Apply online”, fill out the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file. The file must include:
- Application (cover letter)
- Academic diplomas
- Lis of publications
Applications and enclosures received after the deadline will not be considered.
All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, disability, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.
Further information, visit this website.