Training Programme and Projects Officer Vacancy – Deadline 07 October 2022
ICES is currently in search of an enthusiastic person with excellent administrative and project management skills to join our team as Training Programme and Projects Officer at ICES Secretariat, located in Copenhagen, Denmark.
You will provide technical, advisory and capacity development support to ICES Training Programme and educational activities. Based on the offers from instructors as well as expressed demands from the community, there is an opportunity to better serve our Member Countries and institutes by increasing the number of courses that ICES offer. Additional support to run these courses is required.
You will also serve as support to ICES Training Group and help develop ICES Training Strategy. Re-thinking capacity-building priorities in ICES requires consideration of experimental and reflective learning methods i.e. the need for online training capacity and hybrid training. You will also support to the upcoming Strategic Initiative on Education and Cooperation with Academia.
In this position you will also serve as ICES Science Officer for the EU Horizon Europe ACTNOW (Advancing understanding of Cumulative Impacts on European marine biodiversity, ecosystem functions and services for human wellbeing) Project, coordinating its ‘Communication and Dialogue’ work package, tasks of which include:
- coordinating dialogue with stakeholders throughout the lifetime of the project within Work Projects and Case Studies by uniting ACTNOW partners under a common engagement framework
- supporting the design and implementation of novel training courses and educational materials targeted to specific audiences such as managers and professionals, early career scientists and students
- conducting outreach and dissemination to effectively inform different audiences of the progress and results of the project
- promoting strong collaboration between ACTNOW and other ongoing or newly funded projects in this and other EU, global or regional funding programs
Qualifications and experience
Besides being a friendly and outgoing colleague, the ideal Training Programme and Projects Officer is someone who is highly organized and can work well under tight deadlines. Further requirements for this position include:
- excellent communication skills in English, both written and spoken
- professional qualification in European project management and experience in European project coordination
- experience in organizing training courses, preferably in an international environment
- highly organized, with an ability to manage several tasks simultaneously
- excellent working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of applications, including SharePoint and Teams
Terms of appointment
The appointment will be full-time (38 hours per week), for a four-year contract period starting in January 2023.
ICES Secretariat staff enjoy privileges and immunities pursuant to the Host Agreement between the Government of Denmark and ICES. The salaries of ICES staff are exempt from Danish income tax and the salary for this role is at the “C5″ grade, which is based on the United Nations common salary system.
Furthermore, a tax-free pension scheme is available, to which both the employee and ICES contribute. ICES Staff Rules set out the conditions and principles of employment and the responsibilities of the staff of the Secretariat.
If you feel you have the professional and personal qualities we are looking for, please submit your application via Talent Attract no later than midnight (CET), Friday 7 October 2022.
Questions about this vacancy may be directed to Wojciech Wawrzynski (Head of Science Department).
Further information can be found in this link.