You will join the Biodiversity Theory working group, which focusses on the use of theoretical approaches from math, physics and computer science, to understand biodiversity in its ecological context.
- Research in the area Complex Systems / Network Science
- Analysis of critical transitions in model systems
- Exploration of the link between dimensionality of model systems and the likelihood of critical transitions
- Successful PhD in Physics or related discipline
- Programming experience
- Experience in complex systems and mathematical modelling
- Good command of English language
Additional skills and knowledge
- Experience in Network Science
- Experience in Nonlinear Dynamics
- Enthusiasm for ecological problems
Please contact Prof. Dr. Thilo Gross (firstname.lastname@example.org; +49(471)4831-2526) for further information.This is a full-time position, limited to 3 years. It is also suitable for part-time employment. The salary will be paid in accordance with the Collective Agreement for the Public Service of the Federation (Tarifvertrag des öffentlichen Dienstes, TVöD Bund), up to salary level 13. The place of employment will be Oldenburg.
Postdocs have to register with AWI’s postdoc office PROCEED, thereby gaining access to a set of tailor-made career development tools.
The AWI is characterised by
- our scientific success – excellent research
- collaboration and cooperation – intra-institute, national and international, interdisciplinary
- opportunities to develop – on the job, aiming at other positions and beyond AWI
- a culture of reconciling work and family – an audited and well-supported aspect of our operation
- our outstanding research infrastructure – ships, stations, aircraft, laboratories and more
- an international environment – everyday contacts with people from all over the world
- having an influence – fundamental research with social and political relevance
- flat hierarchies – facilitating freedom and responsibility
- exciting science topics, with opportunities also in technology, administration and infrastructure
Equal opportunities are an integral part of our personnel policy. The AWI aims to increase the number of female employees and therefore strongly encourages qualified women to apply.
Disabled applicants will be given preference when equal qualifications are present.The AWI fosters the compatibility of work and family in various ways and has received a number of awards as a result of this engagement.
We look forward to your application!Please submit your application by December 7th 2022, exclusively online.
Reference number 22/181/G/Bio-b
For more information, please check this link.