Open position: Education coordinator – Deadline 16 October 2022
DTU Aqua invites applications for a coordinator of the institute’s education activities covering contributions to BSc study programs, coordination of two MSc and one BEng program as well as educations on PhD level and contributions to life long learning.
DTU Aqua provides research, advice and education at the highest international level within sustainable exploitation of living marine and freshwater resources, the biology of aquatic organisms and the dynamics of ecosystems as well as their integration in ecosystem-based management. Activities are conducted at localities in Kgs. Lyngby, Hirtshals, Silkeborg, Nykøbing Mors and Sisimiut, Greenland. Main working location for the present position is on the central campus of DTU in Kgs. Lyngby, but a certain amount of travelling is expected.
The position focusses on development, coordination and improvement of DTU Aqua’s educations in cooperation with the management of the institute, heads of studies, the institute’s study board and the DTU Office for Study Programmes and Student Affairs.
This includes contributions to implementation of i) a new MSc in Ocean Engineering taught in Kgs Lyngby, ii) a revised MSc in Sustainable Fisheries and Aquaculture taught in Hirtshals and iii) a recently established BEng in Fisheries Technology taught in Sisimiut, Greenland and Lyngby/Hirtshals. It includes as well coordination with related study programs on all levels at DTU, other universities and employers of graduates as well as contributions to life long learning and education activities of the institute’s PhD school.
The position is affiliated to the management secretariat of the institute, which consists of various professional functions working closely together with the institute’s management, researchers, lecturers and technical experts.
The position includes a combination of the following tasks:
- Development and coordination of study programs organised by DTU Aqua, including support for the institute management, head of studies and the institute’s study board.
- Analysis and development tasks, especially in relation to forming of content, structure and creation of new study programs or revision of existing programs in collaboration with the head of study and the DTU Office for Study Programmes and Student Affairs.
- Contribution to the evaluation and quality development of the institute coordinated study programs and courses based on international evaluations, internal evaluations by the study board, feedback by students, graduates and their employers.
- Participate in the strategic development of educations at the institute, incl. expanding activities based on developing science fields, digital technology and incorporating large scale infrastructure as education platform, e.g. the new ocean and arctic going research vessel Dana V.
- Facilitate education related cooperation with other universities, industry, authorities and other partners in relation to learning objectives, study progression as well as content of study programs and courses.
- Development and coordination of DTU Aqua’s contribution to life long learning.
- Administration of the institute’s education portfolio, including management support for prioritization and resource allocation.
Experience and qualifications
- Has a relevant academic education, preferably in technical or natural science, social science, educational science or didactics.
- Has an interest in, and preferably a few years’ experience with, educational development, quality work and project management.
- Has knowledge of the university environment and of the framework for higher education, incl. experience with educational administrative tasks.
- Has a good organizational understanding and flair for working in a policy driven organization.
- Can independently manage development and analyse tasks, including preparation of decision-making bases and management information.
The candidate should work proactively, structured, independent and committed and is at ease with a large organization in constant development. The candidate is expected to be good at initiating and following on initiatives as well as communicating clearly both in writing and speech in Danish and English.
DTU offers an interesting job with a broad work portfolio in an international atmosphere with good opportunities to take responsibility, develop competences and skills. Working conditions are flexible, but we expect you to be committed in connection with application and administrative deadlines etc.
DTU is a leading technical university in northern Europe and benchmarks with the best universities in the world and strives for academic excellence, collegial respect and freedom tempered by responsibility.
Salary and terms of employment
The appointment, dependent on qualifications and experience being on Executive Officer level (in Danish Special- or chefkonsulent level), will be based on the collective agreement with the Confederation of Professional Associations. The salary will be agreed with the relevant union.
Further information may be obtained from Director Fritz Köster, phone: +45 21362805, email: email@example.com or Head of Administration Lene Lindebjerg, phone: +45 61613998, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can read more about DTU Aqua on www.aqua.dtu.dk
We must have your online application by 16 October 2022. Applications must be submitted as one pdf file containing all materials to be given consideration. To apply, please open the link “apply for this job online,” fill in the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one pdf file. The file must include:
- Application (cover letter)
- Diploma (BSc/MSc)
- Other relevant material
Applications and enclosures received after the deadline will not be considered.
All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, disability, race, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.
More information can be found here.