Open position: Administrative study coordinator – Deadline 16 October 2022
DTU Aqua invites applications for an administrative coordinator of the institute’s education on BSc, MSc, BEng and PhD level.
DTU Aqua provides research, advice and education at the highest international level within sustainable exploitation of living marine and freshwater resources, the biology of aquatic organisms and the dynamics of ecosystems as well as their integration in ecosystem-based management.
The institute coordinates activities in two MSc programs, Ocean Engineering as well as Sustainable Fisheries and Aquaculture, one BEng program in Fisheries Technology – partly taught in Greenland – and contributes to various other DTU educations as well as the institute’s PhD school.
Activities are conducted at localities in Kgs. Lyngby, Hirtshals, Silkeborg, Nykøbing Mors and Sisimut, Greenland. Main working location for the study coordinator is the central campus of DTU in Kgs. Lyngby, but a certain amount of travelling is expected, especially to Hirtshals.
The position focusses on providing support to the heads of studies, the institute’s study board, the management of the institute, the involved lecturers and last, but not least the students enrolled in the study programme and joining its courses.
The position is affiliated to the management secretariat of the institute, which consists of various professional functions working closely together with the institute’s management, researchers, lecturers and technical experts.
The position includes the following tasks:
- Study administration, incl. setting up courses, maintenance of the course database, creation of study related projects, running quality control and improvement of courses, preparing examinations etc.
- Act as professional secretary for the institute’s study board, incl. preparing meetings, supplying material to the board as well as taking minutes and follow-up on decisions.
- Support of heads of studies and lecturers, incl. in the development of new courses, implementation of new educational approaches (also digital) developed by central university units, such as DTU Learning Lab and DTU Learn for Life.
- Contribute to the strategic development of education at the institute, incl. expanding education activities based on developing science and acquired infrastructure, e.g. utilising the new ocean and arctic going research vessel for educational purposes.
- Student support, incl. responding to inquiries from potential and enrolled students, coordinating student events, as well as planning and contributing to developing recruitment strategies, and planning and conducting activities and events.
- Interface to the central study administration, incl. communication of e.g. rule changes and resource availability to lecturers and students as well reporting on conducted educational activities to the central university administration.
- Facilitate cooperation with industry, e.g. in relation to teaching contributions, projects and internships.
Experience and qualifications
The candidate should preferably have a relevant higher education, e.g. in technical or natural sciences, social or educational sciences or alternatively should possess extensive experience in study administration. Knowledge of DTU’s or other universities’ education systems is an advantage, but not a requirement.
The candidate is expected to be cooperative, analytical, independent and self-motivated with good communication skills, both in writing and speech in Danish and English. The work style should be outreach and solution-oriented with a focus on development and optimization. The candidate should be willing to take on new tasks, provided that they serve the development of education programs and the institute in general.
DTU offers an interesting job with a broad work portfolio in an international atmosphere with good opportunities to make your own mark on the job content, and to develop your skills in line with your own wishes and the institute’s needs. There is a high degree of freedom in the position, but we expect you to be flexible in connection with administrative deadlines etc.
DTU is a leading technical university in Northern Europe and benchmarks with the best universities in the world and strives for academic excellence, collegial respect and freedom tempered by responsibility.
Salary and terms of employment
The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Confederation of Professional Associations. The salary will be agreed with the relevant union.
Further information may be obtained from Head of Administration Lene Lindebjerg, phone: +45 51513998, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, or Executive Coordinator Christine Hastrup, phone: +45 93510622, e-mail: email@example.com.
You can read more about DTU Aqua on www.aqua.dtu.dk
You must submit your online application by 16 October 2022. Applications must be submitted as one pdf file containing all materials to be given consideration. To apply, please open the link “apply for this job online,” fill in the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one pdf file. The file must include:
- Application (cover letter)
- Diploma (BSc/MSc)
- Other relevant material
Applications and enclosures received after the deadline will not be considered.
We may conduct interviews already throughout the application period.
All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, disability, race, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.
More information can be found here.