Under the provisions of paragraph i) of number 1 of article 83 of Normative Order no. 8/2022, of April 22nd, of the Statutes of the University of the Azores, approved by Normative Dispatch no. 8/2022, of April 22, 2022, published in the Diário da República, 2nd Series, nº 101, of June 1, 2022, of Decree-Law no. 57/2016, of August 29, as amended by Law no. 57/2017, of July 19, of Regulatory Decree n.º 11-A/2017, of December 29th and Law n.º 35/2014, of June 20th, the Rector of the University of the Azores, Professor Susana da Conceição Miranda Silva Mira Leal, announces that an international call is open for the recruitment of 1 (one) Junior Researcher in the modality of a fixed- term employment contract for the scientific area of Marine Sciences, Computer Sciences or Data Science.
The opening of this call procedure was authorized by order of the Rector of the University of the Azores on October 25 2022.
Aims and Scope:
1.1 The present call is documental and has an international character and is opened under the FCT institutional support to the University of the Azores.
1.2 This call aims to reinforce the research capacity of the Research Institute in Marine Sciences – Okeanos.
1 .3 The employee will integrate the Research Institute in Marine Sciences – Okeanos team, dedicated to the marine studies and to the study of living marine resources in the Azores archipelago.
1.4. The contract has an initial duration of 12 months, eventually renewable due to the duration of the said Program Contract.
Requirements for admission in this call:
- Holders of the doctorate degree for less than 5 years, counted at the closing date of the application submission period, in the scientific areas of Marine Sciences (preferably in the subjects of Biology, Ecology, Marine Resource Assessment and Management, Biotechnology, Physical Oceanography or Aquaculture), Computer Sciences or Data Sciences.
- In order to calculate the time after obtaining a doctor’s degree, suspensions or interruptions in research activity should be considered, as long as it is duly documented for reasons of maternity, parenthood or prolonged illness, as considered in the Calls for applications for scientific employment at FCT.
- Opponents to the call with foreign qualifications must prove their respective recognition, equivalence, or registration in Portugal, under the terms of the applicable legislation, a mandatory formality to be fulfilled until the date of signing the contract.
- The employee will be entitled to receive the basic remuneration corresponding to remuneration level 33 of the single remuneration table, approved by Ordinance No. 1553-C/2008, of December 31, in accordance with the provisions of article 15 of Law no 57/2017, of July 19th and Regulatory Decree No. 11-A/2017, of December 29th.
- The remuneration resulting from the contract is covered by the funding source Program-Contract signed between FCT and UAC – Institutional Support, due to its duration.
Form and deadline for submitting application:
- Applications are submitted in Portuguese or English using an electronical form made available for this purpose in the services portal of the University of the Azores. Applications sent by email are not accepted.
- The papers and/or books referred to in the curriculum vitae which, due to the size of the files or any other duly justified reason, cannot be sent through the form referred to in the previous point, must be addressed to the President of the Jury with the reference of the call/application to which they respect and delivered, in digital format, or electronically to the address email email@example.com until the deadline of the application.
- Applications must be submitted within 10 (ten) working days, counting from the following day of this Call publication at Diário da República.
- Are excluded from the previous number, the papers and/or books referred to in paragraph 4.2 of this notice, sent by registered mail, which are able to be received after the deadline established for the submission of applications, proven that the it was dispatched until the date and time limit set in the previous number.
The employee will be entitled to receive the basic remuneration corresponding to remuneration level 33 of the single remuneration table, approved by Ordinance No. 1553-C/2008, of December 31, in accordance with the provisions of article 15 of Law no 57/2017, of July 19th and Regulatory Decree No. 11-A/2017, of December 29th.
The remuneration resulting from the contract is covered by the funding source Program-Contract signed between FCT and UAC – Institutional Support, due to its duration.
- Evaluation Criteria
It is up to the jury to decide on the merit of the candidates for the exercise of the functions to which they are applying, based on the selection criteria and the weightings in which the evaluation unfolds, as provided in article 5 of Decree-Law no. 57/2016, of 29 August, as amended by Law No. 57/2017, of 19 July.
If there is an interview or public session under the terms of paragraph 5 of article 5 of Decree-Law no. 57/2016, of 29 August, as amended by Law no. 57/2017, of 19 July, the sum of the evaluations obtained in the evaluation criteria A, B, C and D will correspond to 90% of the final classification and the interview to 10%.
Subcriteria and evaluation indicators, considering the relevance, quality and timeliness of the indicators in the scientific area to apply and, in particular, in the themes indicated in point 1 of this call for proposals.
A Scientific, technological, cultural or artistic production of the last 5 years considered most relevant – 45%
B Applied research activities carried out in the last 5 years and considered to have the greatest impact – 30%
C Knowledge extension and dissemination activities – 15%
D Management activities for science, technology and innovation programs, or experience in observing and monitoring the scientific and technological system or higher education, in Portugal or abroad. – 10%
Further information can be found here.