I’m looking for a male DECKHAND to join our team of expedition sailing project Sailing Explorers. Operate a fantastic 100ft expedition schooner on the West Coast of Greenland. Requirements:
– Solid experience as a deckhand on similar size of sailing yacht (CAP 12 people)
– Valid STCW and ENG 1
– location near Barcelona
– we interview directly, not by phone/skype.
– very good resistance to extreme weather conditions
– you have to be able to work well in North Atlantic in March. Greenland early in the season can also get very cold and windy. Our team works at their 100% no matter the weather conditions.
– very good resistance to stress and fatigue – there will be plenty of it
– great tender driving skills
– great technical and basic engineering skills
– great attitude towards the Team and the Guests
– passionate about high-latitudes sailing and Arctic nature
We are preparing the season in the area of Barcelona. In mid Feb we will move to Lisbon and in early March we will cross to Nuuk. April – September we will run very busy program on the West Coast of Greenland: skiing, climbing, photo workshops, film production, bit of cruising, exploration. End of the season in November with option to extend for the next year if everything worked well. It’s a beautiful but very demanding project. Crew will run at full speed 24/7 for 8 months, 99% of that time we will be in the wild, with Guests onboard. We will cover about 15000Nm in some of the most remote parts of the world.
More details: sailingexplorers.com