The latest vacancies in Maldives:
* HOT NEWS * Kandima Maldives is looking for a Marine Biologist
Kandima Maldives is much more than just a holiday. This new game-changing destination offers a seriously stylish island setting with extraordinary restaurants and bars and plenty of on-site activities to choose from. Located in Dhaalu Atoll. There is a large natural lagoon and lush tropical island surroundings that will simply take your breath away. The island is just a 30-minute flight from Male’ International Airport to the domestic airport in Dhaalu Atoll followed by a 20-minute boat ride to the island.
- Guided snorkelling trips including House Reef, Reef Hopping, Sand bank and night snorkelling Snorkel training sessions.
- Coral adoption. Awareness talks/Stingray feeding/Marine conservation.
- Highlighting to resort management any other conservation issues that could be improved and finding ways to improve them for overall sustainability.
- Ensuring that all injured/stressed marine and terrestrial organisms are looked after and that animal welfare issues are addressed.
- Engaging in, contributing to, driving and developing research and conservation programs that are relevant to Maldives, e.g. the AEC Project or the national coral reef monitoring program.
- Always being proactive in the water and ensuring guest’s safety during snorkel trips.
- Being prepared and always punctual for guest related marine activities.
- Providing marine information according to your knowledge and not above.
- At all times, keeping updated on product knowledge of resort and related activities.
Bachelor of Master in Marine Biology. Dive Master or Rescue Diver.
Length and type of experience
- Minimum 2 years resort/hotel experience.
- We are seeking professional who have preferably gained remote resort location experience.
Personal characteristics and competencies
- Excellence understanding of customer care and high quality treatment standards.
- Leadership abilities and Ability to work under pressure.
- Pride and attention to detail.
- Teamwork, planning and organised.
- Capable of adapting to different cultures and ways of life.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills and computer literacy is a must.
- Immediate availability for a 2 years contract.
- Package includes attractive expatriate salary in USD, accommodation, meals, laundry, health insurance, home leave flight and 30 days annual leave per annum.
- Applicants travelling on a single status should apply.
Other benefits and advantages
- We provide healthy, high quality food in our staff restaurant and sell healthy F&B items at the staff shop / vending machines at lowest possible prices.
- We provide great accommodation facilities and places for employees to rest and renew during the course of the working day and encourage them to take breaks.
- We create the best possible work environment with great workplace amenities – inviting cafeterias / staff restaurant, games rooms, internet connection, movie and book library, areas for employees to interact and socialise.
- We encourage our employees to move physically and stay fit and therefore provide a well-equipped gym and other sports facilities.
- We provide all amenities, resources, knowledge and assistance that our employees need for their work (uniform, work equipment, training, coaching, etc).
Apply until: 24th October 2016