Marine Biology Internship for 5 Star Maldives Dive Centre
COMO Maalifushi, a 5 star resort in the remote pristine south of the Maldives is offering a 6 month Marine Biology Internship starting in December 2016 or January 2017. This is a perfect opportunity for individuals looking to gain experience in marine biology to broaden their horizon and connect what they have learnt to the real world!
• Assist the Resident Marine Biologists with guest relations, guiding in excursions, including snorkel trips, dolphin cruises, and delivering presentations about marine topics to expand guests knowledge & interest
• Coral conservation via propagation on coral frames
• Marine science projects and surveys, with a different unique research
• Assist in our Whale Shark Tagging project and join guests whale shark excursions
• Current projects include turtle survey at an uninhabited island near Maalifushi, to collect evidence that will make it a protected nesting site, and a survey to track the dolphin species at Cocoa Island. Individual projects proposed will also be strongly considered.
• Assist with the kids club, passing knowledge to the younger minds, in an educational manner, and guiding them around the nature of the island above & below water. (involves snorkel guiding).
We’re currently looking primarily for undergrads, or fresh grads keen on a career as a Marine Biologist. The position would be supervised by the Marine biologist on site and the Marine Sports Centre Manager, The candidate would be part of the Marine Sports team and should also have a diving certification.
We will provide a comfortable work environment in a multicultural team, work permit, accommodation, & meals.
This is a paid Internship!
To apply: Please send your complete CV along with a recent picture (jpeg format) to the following address: email@example.com
Only suitable candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview via Skype.
Applications close on the 15 November 2016