M.S. GRADUATE ASSISTANTSHIP (VILLANOVA UNIVERSITY)
A graduate student assistantship is available in the laboratory of Dr. Lisa Rodrigues at Villanova University to pursue an MS in Environmental Science as part of a funded NSF project to assess trophic pathways involved in coral reproduction after bleaching stress.
The successful candidate must:
* Fulfill all admission requirements for the MS in Environmental Science program and Graduate College of Liberal Arts and Sciences at Villanova University.
* Have a BS in environmental science, biology, chemistry, earth sciences, or related discipline.
* Have previous experience with field experiments, laboratory analyses related to coral physiology and/or isotope biogeochemistry are highly desirable.
* Be proficient and comfortable in the ocean with small boats, swimming, and snorkeling is required; SCUBA certification is highly desirable.
* Be willing to travel to field location and work independently and with a research team.
* Email a cover letter, CV, copies of transcripts, GRE scores, and the names and contact information of three references able to speak about your academic experiences to Dr. Lisa Rodrigues (email@example.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>). Please provide all documents in a single file as an email attachment.
* Full program requirements, see: http://www1.villanova.edu/villanova/artsci/graduate/graduate-programs/environmental-science.html
Deadline: April 1, 2017 or until the position is filled.
Lisa J Rodrigues
Associate Professor & Graduate Program Director
Geography & the Environment
800 Lancaster Avenue
Villanova, PA 19085
Mendel Hall G67H