Quantitative Ecology Module for Master and PhD students in Czech Republic
Quantitative Ecology Module for Master and PhD students in Ceske Budejovice (Budweis) from October 2017 till January 2018.
The module comprises ten core courses, from which the students
select according to their interest (and need to get credits.
The ten core courses are:
• Design and Analysis of Ecological Experiments
• Modern Regression Methods
• Ecology of Biological Invasions
• Molecular Ecology
• Functional Traits in Ecology
• Community Ecology
• Tropical Ecology
• Evolutionary Ecology
• Creative publishing in community ecology
The courses run on a weekly basis, from October 2017 to January 2018
and are preceded by a field course in September.
Students from EU are recommended to ask for Erasmus support.
– The module is completely free of charge, there are no tuition fees
– The living expenses in the Czech Republic are very low, one of
the lowest in EU
– Among the tutors, there are recent or former (associate) editors
/ board members of Ecology Letters, Journal of Applied Ecology,
Journal of Vegetation Science, Basic and Applied Ecology,
– Everybody is warmly welcome
– More information on http://botanika.prf.jcu.cz/ quantecol/ where
you can also download also a simple Application form.
Looking forward to see you / your students here in Ceske Budejovice
Department of Botany
University of South Bohemia
tel. +420 387772374