Summer School on Ocean Literacy & Collaboration – Deadline 06 May 2023
The Call for Applications for the Summer School on Ocean Literacy & Collaboration is now open!
The deadline for applications is May 6th 2023, and successful candidates will be notified by May 20th 2023 (please, if you haven’t received any email check your spam box before contacting).
The EU4Ocean Summer School on Ocean Literacy & Collaboration is a 5-day event (July 10th to July 14th, 2023) in the city of Matosinhos (Portugal) dedicated to thinking about how to better collaborate on ocean-related projects and apply this knowledge to advance a sustainable blue economy in a coastal city.
The Summer School supports the following learning outcomes:
- To become familiar with the objectives and actions of the EU4Ocean Coalition and Youth4Ocean Forum
- Scale up their efforts, under the framework of the UN Ocean Decade
- How to effectively collaborate on the development of ocean-related projects
- Diversity of collaboration and how to improve communication in transdisciplinary and multicultural environments
- How to collaborate and advance sustainable blue economy
- Local issues and how to engage with local institutions.
The Summer School will share an online module prior to the activities in Matosinhos.
The in-presence programme will host different international guests and speakers to analyse the following topics: empathy development, measuring impact, Ocean and climate: the role of the coastal cities, food from the ocean, and science communication.
All the activities will be held in English.
The EU4Ocean Summer School will gather 20 youth from EU and non-EU European countries of the Atlantic Region who are students from Masters and PhD Programmes or early career professionals.
Members of the Youth4Ocean Forum and the ECOPs members of the UN Ocean Decade programme are strongly encouraged to apply.
Participants will be selected according to the following criteria:
- Gender balance
- Geographical representation
- Age range: up to 35 years old
- Background: all the sectors are encouraged to apply. We will pay attention to create an interdisciplinary group
- Priority will be given to youth from EU and Atlantic non-EU countries, as well as members of the Youth4Ocean Forum and ECOPs
Accommodation in shared rooms will be provided for all the participants. Details on meals will be provided.
In addition, IOC-UNESCO will provide 5 scholarships that will cover the cost of the transport tickets (round trip).
The Summer School on Ocean Literacy & Collaboration is a project developed by IOC/UNESCO under the EU4Ocean framework and in the context of the UN Ocean Decade (2021-2030), with the support of CEIIA, CoLAB +ATLANTIC and Municipality of Matosinhos.
All information provided will be kept strictly confidential. The information collected will be treated in accordance with the current UNESCO policy on personal data and privacy. If you have any questions or concerns regarding the survey, please feel free to email email@example.com.
Apply to this opportunity following this link.