The Algarve Centre for Marine Sciences (CCMAR) opens a call for a Junior Researcher (M/F) of any nationality, including stateless candidates under an uncertain term employment contract, within Project BIOFISH_QoL – “Integrative approach for enhance quality of live in fishing communities of the ‘Bons Sinais’ estuary (Mozambique) ”, with the reference 330785505, supported by Aga Khan, Network for Development and the Portuguese Foundation for Science and Technology, I.P..
Job Summary and Duties:
The Junior Researcher will:
- Work in a team to organize and help to implement the BIOFISH_QoL project in Quelimane, Mozambique (University of Eduardo Mondlane- Escola Superior de Ciências Marinhas e Costeira). Under project PI supervision, develop the experimental design approach for data field collection, lead the Mozambique team during field surveys, contribute and supervise biological sampling and socio-economic surveys.
- Coordinate sampling surveys together with the University Eduardo Mondlane- Escola Superior de Ciências Marinhas e Costeira partner namely for fish and invertebrate macrofauna sampling (including laboratory conservation and sorting techniques for benthic fauna) and physical-chemical data acquisition and plankton surveys. Make data treatment and statistical analyses of biological, ecological and population dynamics data.
- List and develop workshops between scientists, fishing communities, and fisheries police makers with help of Mozambique partners, and in-person meetings with multiple stakeholder groups, for fisheries management and conservation.
- Work and help coordinate a multi-disciplinary team, around a good work environment, that includes undergraduate and master student’s supervision, and researchers from university of Eduardo Mondlane.
- Develop the socio-economic assessment to measure the dependence of the local fishing villages on estuarine fisheries.
- Participate in developing reports and scientific papers.
- Contribute to capacity building of Mozambique partners/researcher (Help to develop short-term courses within the topic of the propose).
for complete information, visit https://www.ccmar.ualg.pt/en/job/assistant-researcher-mf-bioinformatics-1-vacancy-post-ref-ccmarid112018-0