Modelling Different Components of Marine Plankton Biodiversity (MODIV)
Osterstedt, Germany 19-21 August 2020
[A foresight workshop funded by EuroMarine after its 2019 call for proposals]
Interested Early-Career Scientists:
There are currently limited spaces available for interested early-career researchers of EuroMarine member organisations to participate in the upcoming foresight workshop: MODIV. The application period will close on 20 March, so if you would like to apply to join, please e-mail Dr Friederike Prowe (email@example.com).
- Bring together a productive small group of scientists in a constructive environment.
- Increase exchange among the young European modelling community working on plankton biodiversity.
- Further establish marine biodiversity as a crucial topic to be tackled by the European research community, particularly within ecological and ecosystem modelling, marine ecology, and ocean biogeochemistry.
The organisers are specifically looking for early-career researchers with expertise and perspectives on the following topics:
- plankton diversity modelling using remote sensing data
- plankton diversity modelling using information from ‘omics’ and other ‘big data’
- plankton groups typically underrepresented in ecosystem models (e.g. viruses, parasites, fungi)
- Dr Friederike Prowe, GEOMAR, Osterstedt, Germany.