The position will be shared between four laboratories: two belong to Sorbonne Université (France), the Laboratory of Oceanography of Villefranche (LOV) and the Biological Station of Roscoff (SBR), and the other two are the University of Southampton and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT). The main location of the postdoctoral fellow will be the LOV (https://lov.imev-mer.fr/) but he/she will also travel to and actively exchange with the three other partner labs. This position will start on January 1, 2022. This is a two-year funding from the French research funding agency (ANR).
- PhD required, preferably in oceanography or related fields
- Experience in developing and using numerical models
- Good computational skills, and proficient in one of R, python, or matlab (or similar)
- Familiarity with computer language, preferably Fortran
- Strong ability to work independently
- Good communication skills in both written and spoken English are essential
- Experience and knowledge in physical and biological oceanography is also desirable
Interested candidates should send their application (CV including list of publications, motivation letter and names of at least two referees) to:
– Dr. Julia Uitz [firstname.lastname@example.org], Laboratoire d’Océanographie de Villefranche (LOV), UMR 7093 Sorbonne Université & CNRS.
– Dr. Frédéric Partensky [email@example.com], Station Biologique de Roscoff, UMR 7144 Sorbonne Université & CNRS.
– Dr. Laurence Garczarek [firstname.lastname@example.org], Station Biologique de Roscoff, UMR 7144 Sorbonne Université & CNRS.
The work will be performed in close collaboration with:
– Dr. Anna Hickman, University of Southampton, UK.
– Dr. Stephanie Dutkiewicz, MIT, Cambridge, Ma, USA.
More information in this website.