ABOUT GHENT UNIVERSITY
Ghent University is a world of its own. Employing more than 8,000 people, it is actively involved in education and research, management and administration, as well as technical and social service provision on a daily basis. It is one of the largest, most exciting employers in the area and offers great career opportunities. With its 11 faculties and more than 80 departments offering state-of-the-art study programmes grounded in research in a wide range of academic fields, Ghent University is a logical choice for its staff and students.
- Coordination and project follow-up of the EMBRC MarineTraining unit at UGent
- Member of the UGent Coordination team of the Erasmus Mundus Joint International Master in Marine Biological Resources – IMBRSea, in close collaboration with the coordination office manager.
- Develop a vision on the MarineTraining portal (marinetraining.eu) in close collaboration with EMBRC.eu and local stakeholders.
- Develop education innovation initiatives within existing and new marine training programmes.
- Coordinate funding applications in the context of MarineTraining.eu
- Teaching assignment of one or more courses within the IMBRSea programme
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- You hold a thesis-based doctorate in Biology or Ocean Sciences
- You have a passion for international education and a strong interest or background in marine sciences
- You have experience in the organization of international educational programmes and with teaching and interacting with international students
- You have experience in developing and coordinating international projects (Erasmus+, Horizon EU, …)
- You have excellent communication and people skills.
- You work target-oriented and you have enough flexibility to reach your goals with the available tools.;
- You work accurately;
- You are result oriented and you respect deadlines.
- You have good writing skills
- You master the English language (spoken / written)
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- We offer you a contract of indefinite duration.
- Your remuneration will be determined by salary scale PD1 to PD4 (iyou hold a doctorate). Click here for more information about our salary scales.
- All Ghent University staff members enjoy a number of benefits, such as a wide range of training and education opportunities, 36 days of holiday leave (on an annual basis for a full-time job) supplemented by annual fixed bridge days, a bicycle allowance and eco vouchers. Click here for a complete overview of all the staff benefits (in Dutch).
Apply online through the e-recruitment system before the application deadline (see above). We do not accept late applications or applications that are not submitted through the online system.
Your application must include the following documents:
- In the field ‘CV’: your CV and an overview of your study results (merged into one pdf file)
- In the field ‘Cover letter’: your application letter in pdf format
- In the field ‘Diploma’: a transcript of the required degree (if already in your possession). If you have a foreign diploma in a language other than our national languages (Dutch, French or German) or English, please add a translation in one of the mentioned languages.
Note that the maximum file size for each field is 10 MB.
As Ghent University maintains an equal opportunities and diversity policy, everyone is encouraged to apply for this position.
For more information about this vacancy, please contact Prof. Tim Depres (firstname.lastname@example.org, +32(0)497/606273). Important: do NOT send your application by email, but apply online.
You can find out more about this opportunity by clicking here.