Our coastal seas are increasingly exposed to the influence of human activities that change the ecosystem’s structure and function. As part of the collaborative project AnthroTOP (“Anthropogenic use of the North Sea: Influence on marine top predators”) of the Federal Agency for Nature Conservation we are investigating the change of the Dogger Bank food web in relation to different utilization scenarios. For the development and analysis of the required food web models, we are looking for reinforcement of our team.
- Assessment of available data for the Dogger Bank food web
- Development and Analysis of a spatial food web model of the Dogger Bank
- Analysis of spatio-temporal dynamic food web changes under different anthropogenic scenarios
- Supervision of students
- Participation in project meetings
- Presentation of the results on conferences and publication in scientific journals
- Doctoral degree in biology, ecology or a related field
- Knowledge on the development and analysis of food web models
- Experience with the Software Ecopath with Ecosim and Ecospace
- Knowledge on ecological processes and functions
- Experience in handling large data sets
Additional skills an knowledge
- Excellent communication and network skills
- Fluency in English
- Due to the national background of the project, knowledge in German is advantageous
Please contact Dr. Sabine Horn (+49(4651)956-4218, email@example.com).
This is a full-time position, limited to April 30th, 2025 years. It is also suitable for part-time employment. The salary will be paid in accordance with the Collective Agreement for the Public Service of the Federation (Tarifvertrag des öffentlichen Dienstes, TVöD Bund), up to salary level 13. The place of employment will be Sylt.
The AWI is characterised by
- our scientific success – excellent research
- collaboration and cooperation – intra-institute, national and international, interdisciplinary
- opportunities to develop – on the job, aiming at other positions and beyond AWI
- a culture of reconciling work and family – an audited and well-supported aspect of our operation
- our outstanding research infrastructure – ships, stations, aircraft, laboratories and more
- an international environment – everyday contacts with people from all over the world
- having an influence – fundamental research with social and political relevance
- flat hierarchies – facilitating freedom and responsibility
- exciting science topics, with opportunities also in technology, administration and infrastructure
Equal opportunities are an integral part of our personnel policy. The AWI aims to increase the number of female employees and therefore strongly encourages qualified women to apply.
Disabled applicants will be given preference when equal qualifications are present.
The AWI fosters the compatibility of work and family in various ways and has received a number of awards as a result of this engagement.
We look forward to your application!
Please submit your application by July 31st 2022, exclusively online.
Reference number 22/106/D/Bio-b
For further information, click here.