Mercator Ocean : Digital Communications Manager
Digital Communications Manager (M/F)
– You will design and plan digital communication initiatives for Mercator Ocean and the Copernicus Marine Service (corporate communication – promoting partners and services benefits – marketing products – reaching out to many targets including the general public – maintaining partnerships…) in line with our Marketing/Communication strategy.
– Jointly with all of the company’s scientists and experts, as well as with its French and European partners, you will be responsible for the production of relevant, qualified and up-to-date content.
– You will raise Mercator Ocean’s profile on the Internet, the social networks and mobile applications with a view to creating its “Blue Community”.
– You must be capable of adapting your writing to suit very different targets: scientists, institutions, NGOs, companies, the general public and the media.
– You will regularly analyze data about the public reached and the traffic generated and will set up suitable indicators to rate your success so that you can then take any necessary corrective measures.
– You will also work on digital systems for purposes of internal communication (intranet, corporate blog and/or social network) and you must be able to provide technical support for communication initiatives via these internal media.
– You will manage relations with the various suppliers and service providers in line with your position: advertising agencies, web design companies, developers of digital systems, etc.
– You will be responsible for the company’s “e-reputation”.
– You will contribute to building/nurturing relations with ONGs and Associations in the area of Ocean, Climate and Sustainable Development in particular for the “General Public” audience.
Following five years of higher education (in Advertising & Marketing or the Social Sciences or Oceanography), you have acquired 8 to 10 years of experience in a communication/marketing position with an NGO, an association or a European or international scientific institution related to the oceans and their protection. You can provide proof of your achievements. You have a solid foundation in web techniques and social networks. You speak, read and write English fluently (ideally, you are bilingual with another European language).
You can point to examples of your writing skills on digital media, in English and in a professional context. Thanks to your people skills and your receptiveness you are able to adapt to different environments. You are organised, methodical, more proactive than reactive and capable of taking initiatives. You can demonstrate your commitment to the protection and preservation of the oceans.
Send a letter stating your reasons for applying, a detailed CV and your references with the code AAC/2590/W to: email@example.com
Description of Mercator Ocean: Mercator Ocean is the French ocean analysis and forecasting center. It designs, develops, operates and maintains state-of-the-art scientific numerical-modelling systems that are able to describe, analyze and forecast the state of the ocean in 3D, continuously and in real time. Mercator Ocean is a subsidiary of five major French institutions involved in the development of operational oceanography – CNRS, IFREMER, IRD, Meteo France and SHOM. Mercator Ocean’s activities include R&D, operational systems, expert forecasting and the services it provides to users around the world (scientists, public agencies, industry, etc.). The company is located at Ramonville Saint-Agne, near Toulouse. Mercator Ocean has been entrusted by the European Commission to implement and operate the Copernicus Environment Monitoring Service (CMEMS). The service is operational since May 2015